The history of the Club
Due to the lack of spare parts (the availability in Switzerland was becoming rare) a group of Triumph fans decided in 1975 to start a TR Register. Interest appeared not to be a problem, with 15 club associated members joining at the beginning and in the first year a total of 60 members had joined the club.
Renaming the Club
The original close relationship to the English TR-Register had over the time noticeably declined. Additionally the Swiss TR fans were finding the benefit more over less useful. So that the ever growing self-dependence resulted in a renaming of the Swiss Association into the “The Swiss TR-Club”.
The club has following words printed on their Banner:
- To promote sociality through various events throughout the year.
- Sharing know-how and experiences at the monthly regional meetings (7 Divisions at the moment).
- Advice from our experienced Technical Staff. Help involved in acquiring parts from Spare Parts Suppliers and Garage Owners, who are also members of the Swiss TR-Club (see Links).
- Restauration, preservation and maintenance of all Triumph vehicles.
- Cultivate contact to other similar foreign Clubs.